Vacancy for Bookkeeper/Administrator
Polwhele House School is seeking a positive and efficient bookkeeper/administrator who will work closely with our School Business Manager to keep on top of invoicing, paying suppliers and HR related administration. This would suit someone who is flexible, hardworking and a team player
The hours of work will be one day a week, mainly during term time only, with some additional days either side of each term.
Salary £17,000-18,000 pro-rata
Main duties include:
- Pay invoices
- Reconcile supplier statements against invoices and receipts
- File all invoices
- Reconcile bank statements against the accounting software
- Monitor and track school fees and extra costs
- Buy, directly or indirectly, the principal commodities for consumption and use upon request
- Filing of HR and training documentation
- Tracking and assignment of training requirements
- Review of office folders ensuring old documentation is archived as needed and current documentation is correctly filed.
Qualifications and experience
- Educated to GSCE or equivalent in Maths and English, at a minimum
- Previous experience in administration roles
- Previous experience in a financial capacity advantageous
- Financial aptitude advantageous
The post holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom she/he is responsible or with whom she/he comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the school’s safeguarding policy statement at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the post the post holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of children in the school, she/he must report any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
To request and Application pack please contact Alison Scobbie at email@example.com
All applications must be submitted with the application form provided.