Our Aims and Values
- Create a friendly, stimulating, caring environment where every child feels valued.
- Develop community aspirations, determination, industry and perseverance.
- Enable every child to reach their full academic potential.
- Respect the needs of the individual; we want every child to find their special talent.
- Equip children with strong moral values within a Christian framework that understand and appreciate other religions and cultures.
- Prepare children for the next stage of their education and life.
- Welcome parents into a partnership of trust, understanding and mutual support.
We believe the most effective and valuable education is one that enables children to enjoy their childhood whilst benefiting from an extensive range of opportunities both in and out of the classroom. We aim to encourage our children to use their minds well, to make wise judgements and reach their academic potential; to discriminate between right and wrong and understand that in a community, responsibilities and duties come before rights. We consider that a good range of physical activity is important for growing children to develop healthy bodies and to provide lessons for life. We believe that no education is complete without a spiritual element, teaching children an appreciation of beauty and nature and supporting their creative and moral development.
With these principles in place, Polwhele House aims to produce young people who are confident without being arrogant, achieving well in a variety of situations and appreciative to the needs of others. Such young people will be well prepared for the next phase of their education and for life beyond.
Children need time and space to grow; they need to be nurtured yet challenged; they need to be guided but also encouraged to think for themselves and to show initiative; they must be given freedom whilst understanding and accepting the reasonable boundaries; they must develop self-respect, due regard and responsibility for others, and a sense of community. All these values we strive to foster at Polwhele House.
If you wish to find out more about attending Polwhele House or if you would like to book a school tour, please use the form below and we shall be in contact.