Performing Arts Scholarship
Scholarships for talented young performers
To support talented young performers in the region, the school, in partnership with ‘Jason Thomas Performing Arts’ offers performing arts scholarships annually from September of each year.
What are the benefits of a performing arts scholarship?
- Receiving over 8 hours of tuition in performing arts per week (singing, ballet, modern jazz, tap, commercial, drama and musical theatre);
- Representing the school in various performances;
- Participating in workshops with specialists;
- Working as part of a close team with a special purpose and a strong sense of identity;
- Developing leadership skills in a supportive environment with a great deal of individual attention;
- Eligibility to apply for a means-tested bursary towards fees at Polwhele House.
What does the selection process involve?
- Perform a prepared solo dance of the candidate’s choice, participate in group jazz and ballet classes, recite a prepared monologue, and perform a song;
- Be assessed on their academic ability in English and maths.
Reports from current schools will be requested as part of the selection process.
What is the time commitment?
- Performing arts scholars will be expected to make a significant contribution to the life of the school, including participating in various concerts and theatrical performances, both in school and at external events during evenings and weekends.
- The scholars are involved in performing arts classes before school and/or after school.
Who can apply?
- Performing arts scholarship assessments are held annually, typically for children in Year 4 with the scholarship commencing in Year 5 and running for four years; however, children in other years are also welcome to apply.
- Candidates from any school can apply though, if successful, they would become a pupil at Polwhele House.
How to find out more or apply?
- Candidates and their parents are welcome to visit the school at any time of year to meet staff for informal advice. Appointments can be made or application forms requested by contacting the School Secretary on 01872 273011 or email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is 9.00am on Monday 16 April and the performing arts scholarship assessment days will arranged in the summer term 2018.